With the beginning of October here, the change of a new cooler season has arrived. Autumnal chill, less daily sun and rainy weather has approached us, and as a skincare brand we understand how important it is to adapt your daily skincare routine depending on the drastic change of weather.
Did you know it usually takes over a period of about two weeks for skin to adjust to a new climate for a healthy person. This process is faster in response to heat, but slower in the cold.
The British Journal of Dermatology study provides information that may help explain why many people experience eczema and dry skin in the winter (even those who have oily or combination skin). They state that the rapidly changing temperatures, from heated indoors to cold outdoors environments, can affect the capillaries (the smallest and most numerous of the blood vessels) and prolonged exposure to wet weather can strip the skin's barrier function.
At Peace & Pure we have experienced first hand how cold weather can dry out the pores, causing the skin to become easily irritated and requires you to use additional moisturiser to keep it feeling healthy. The dryness is actually why the cold weather causes the skin to become cracked, leading to uncomfortable itching and skin that is tough to the touch.
Below are some quick changes you should consider:
- As the seasons change, so does the climate. If you’re transitioning your skin care routine for autumn and winter, you may want to look for face wash cleansers in the form of cream instead of gel or foam because those contain more hydrating ingredients.
- Combat dry skin with a heavier moisturiser, especially adding facial oil for extra hydration and protection.
- Look for hydrating ingredients including hyaluronic acid and ceramides. Hyaluronic acid is used as a humectant — a substance that helps the skin hold onto water thus helping hydrate the outer layers of skin, thereby improving the skin's appearance.
- Exfoliate gently. Add in gentle exfoliation at night as it will help remove that top layer of dead, dry skin and allow better moisturising as you sleep.
- Don't forget your eyes and lips. When things really dry out, apply an ointment to your eyes and lips.
Our Timeless Elixir Facial Serum is enhanced by the power of nature, 100% naturally derived and safe for all, including women during pregnancy and breastfeeding. A perfect addition to your skincare routine throughout all seasons, especially during the colder months our skin needs extra hydration and protection.
Our precious blend contains the first natural alternative to Retinol, Bakuchiol; a powerful antioxidant that effectively minimises the oxidative stress of skin cells to prevent further damage, stimulate collagen production, improve the skin’s overall appearance and bring major anti-ageing benefits to the skin. Tomato carotenoids, a patented special extract from the tomato fruit. This star ingredient adds an extra layer of protection from harmful UV rays, reduces pigmentation and dark spots, evening out your skin tone. It gives your skin a youthful glow whilst protecting against oxidative damage and free radicals.
It also contains BlueBerry NECTA®, a high-performance antioxidant that contains essential fatty acids that boost skin’s elasticity and hydration levels. Organic Tamanu seed, Sea Buckthorn Fruit, RoseHip, Pomegranate, Marula, Broccoli seed, Calendula, Lavender and Fankincense oils all provide major benefits for the skin. These natural oils easily sink into the skin, they regenerate and heal, and reduce fine lines and scarring. And Omega 3, 6, 7 and 9, combined with plant sterols and plant ceramides—all the natural ingredients you need for a smooth complexion, whilst reducing signs of tiredness and stress, giving you a fresh, reinvigorated appearance.
Look after your skin during the change of season and shop our 5 star reviewed Serum here.